Friday, January 18, 2008

New Year, New Vadge Doctor

Happy New Year, Vadges!

Yesterday I did one of my least favorite things: I went to a new vadge doctor. I'm sure I'm not alone in my hatred of this process. I have been exposed to a wide range of gynecological attentions with wildly varying degrees of professionalism and competence, so I truly never know what to expect. Some highlights:

1) My first visit to the gyney, through which I cried the entire time, and during which the doctor pretty much just ignored my distress (and all parts of me except my vadge)
2) My soft spoken and intensely awkward first male doctor, who seemed embarrassed of his job
3) My well meaning but only partially competent school clinician, whose assistant once lectured me about how I should focus on my studies rather than engage in sexual activity
4) The ER doc who assured me that the burning sensation was a normal side effect of dry winter climates and not indicative of any disease or infection, and who also thanked me for my candor about my masturbation habits
5) My last doctor, who, after my first and only visit to her, promptly moved her practice to upstate New York, generously inviting all interested patients to travel to her clinic if they'd like (wow, THANKS, lady!!!!)
6) And finally, Dr. KB (abbreviated to protect the innocent), my new and favorite of them all

Dr. KB has the most efficient office staff I have ever met. Those of you who know me understand why this is meaningful to me. She is kind, pleasant, adorable, and puts a lovely, fluffy pillow on the exam table.



She is all business, but not rushed or harried; she is competent without being condescending; and she puts her patients at ease without being schmaltzy or sentimental about the vadge. She is, in short, my new hero.

Dr. KB, I wear your uniform with pride!











1 comment:

Ladybizness said...

MT:

Nice to see you finally found a gyno you trust and appreciate. I find that most of my gal pals similarly have had success with female gynos. Is it a coincidence? Do we inherently not trust gynos of the male persuasion?

Oddly enough, I've had the same one for years and years and he is indeed a man.

LB