Sunday, October 21, 2007

what women want?!

Yes. The subject of the degradation of women in advertising is relatively old news. It's just that it's still there. I'm not so worried about educated adult women (but maybe I am) but I'm more scared for girls. Damn, There's some pretty f-ed up shit out there. Visit http://loveyourbody.nowfoundation.org for some (especially) young woman stuff. Courtesy of NOW, of course. Now for the visual aids...

Tagged as offensive:
















(This is an illness. A very sad, very difficult to treat illness.
This ad makes me sad more than it makes me mad)














(This ad scares the shit out of me. Note that the two shirtless men
appear to be "military." The rest look like frat boys. Two groups
of men who are not necessarily known for their feminist activism)



















Now for some nice ads:

(My happiness doesn't involve rollerblading, but the sentiment is nice.)


















(I love this woman. She's stunning.)
















(I hope.)


















I'd love to see more ads that y'all find that are either offensive or affirming. It's a fun game to play.
Happy Sunday,
The Oval Office

No comments: